Our 8.50” diameter Motorized Pulley range offers two different performance levels for BULK applications:
- M for Medium duty
- H for Heavy duty
It is important to note the product differences and choose the appropriate pulley based on estimated belt tension (radial load.) The actual radial load must be less than the maximum allowable radial load shown in this catalog.
Be aware of increased belt tensions required to drive multi-ply thick heavy belts and/or larger belt widths.
If the 8.50” diameter model is not strong enough to resist estimated belt tension, then select 12.64” diameter model.
M for Medium Duty
The internal parts of 220M are designed to match irregular working conditions in applications such as mobile crushing & screening, cement & concrete plants, mobile conveyors and open stone & gravel pits.
H for Heavy Duty
A reinforced 3-stage-gearbox provides 220H with the necessary strength needed for low speeds and high torque. 220H is popular in recycling (hand sorter conveyors), bunker discharge conveyors and where a combination of slow speed and high torque is required.
Standard Specification of Motorized Pulley
- Energy efficient & quiet
- Crowned mild steel 8.50” diameter steel shell treated with anti-rust wax
- Powder coated cast iron bearing housings
- Mild steel shafts treated with anti-rust wax
- Shaft sealing system – degree of protection IP66/67 (EN60034-5.)
- Powder coated die cast aluminum terminal box
- 3-phase induction motors with thermal protector
- Voltage: All common voltages available. Please specify.
- Motor winding insulation Class H
- Dynamically balanced rotor
- One out of two oil plugs fitted with a magnet to filter the oil
- Oil change recommended every 50,000 operational hours for synthetic oil (or 20,000 operational hours for mineral oil.) Minimum RL.
- Maximum RL – Please inquire
- Non standard RL’s availableTo be used in horizontal positions ± 5 degree only
- External break optional
- Completely sealed, compact units save precious space
- Operates at an average mechanical efficiency of 95%, saving money in energy usage
- VFD Compatible to provide belt speed flexibility
- Simple mounting in challenging areas such as tail drives, head drives and dual drives
- Low maintenance – oil change every 30,000 operating hours on synthetic lubricating oil
- Broad product line including 9 diameters (138mmØ to 1000mmØ) and power ranging from .33Hp to 330Hp
- Virtually any face width is available
- External options include surface finishes (stainless, rubber lagging, ceramic lagging) and sealing systems (standard labyrinth seals, regreasable)
- Internal options such as mechanical backstops, DC brakes, stator heaters and more