Our 19.72” diameter Motorized Pulley range offers three different performance levels for BULK applications:
- L for Light duty
- M for Medium duty
- H for Heavy duty
It is important to notice the product differences and choose the appropriate pulley based on estimated belt tension (radial load.) The actual radial load must be less than the maximum allowable radial load shown in this catalog.
Be aware of increased belt tensions required to drive multi-ply thick heavy belts and/or larger belt widths.
If the 19.72” diameter model is not strong enough to resist estimated belt tension, then select 24.80” diameter model.
L for Light Duty
500L is designed for tough and irregular operating conditions. 500L is typically used in heavy mobile crushing & screening applications as well as in crushed stone, ore, cement, steel, and fertilizer handling. 500L uses motor and gearbox from 400M.
Note that 500L outer dimensions do not match 500H (Former models TM500 and TM501).
M for Medium Duty
A solid 3-stage gearbox enables the 500M to provide low speed at high torque and handle irregular loadings in harsh operating conditions. 500M uses motor and gearbox from 400H.
Note that 500M outer dimensions do not match 500H (Former models TM500 and TM501).
H for Heavy Duty
500H has strongest internal components in this diameter with gearbox, shaft, and bearings designed for tough, irregular, and extreme operating conditions.
Standard Specification of Motorized Pulley
- Energy efficient & quiet
- Crowned mild steel 19.72” diameter steel shell painted yellow at a minimum thickness of 2.4 mils
- Bolted powder coated cast iron bearing housings and covers, all painted yellow at a minimum thickness of 2.4 mils
- Mild steel shafts with nitrided shaft sleeves valid for 500H.
- Shaft sealing system – degree of protection IP66/67 (EN60034-5.)
- Cast iron terminal box for painted yellow at min. thickness of 2.4 mils
- 3-phase induction motors with thermal protector
- Voltage: All common voltages available. Please specify.
- Motor winding insulation Class H
- Dynamically balanced rotor
- Two oil plugs each fitted with a magnet to filter the oil
- Black painted mounting brackets (KL60) for 500L and 500M available on request
- Yellow painted mounting brackets (AL65 & ALO65) included with 500H
- Oil change recommended every 50,000 operational hours for synthetic oil (or 20,000 operational hours for mineral oil)
- Minimum RL.
- Maximum RL – Please inquire
- Non standard RL’s available
- To be used in horizontal positions ±5 degree only
- External break optional
- Completely sealed, compact units save precious space
- Operates at an average mechanical efficiency of 95%, saving money in energy usage
- VFD Compatible to provide belt speed flexibility
- Simple mounting in challenging areas such as tail drives, head drives and dual drives
- Low maintenance – oil change every 30,000 operating hours on synthetic lubricating oil
- Broad product line including 9 diameters (138mmØ to 1000mmØ) and power ranging from .33Hp to 330Hp
- Virtually any face width is available
- External options include surface finishes (stainless, rubber lagging, ceramic lagging) and sealing systems (standard labyrinth seals, regreasable)
- Internal options such as mechanical backstops, DC brakes, stator heaters and more